- This event has passed.
Webinar: Wind Charger Battery Energy Storage System
June 30 @ 5:45 pm - 7:30 pm
Program for Wednesday, June 30th, 2021:
» 11:45 Webinar open
» 12:00 IEEE South Alberta announcements
» 12:05 Presentation
» 13:15 Q&A
» 13:30 Webinar close
WindCharger is Alberta’s first utility-scale, lithium-ion energy storage project. It uses Tesla’s Megapack technology and is the first installation of this technology in Canada’s northern climate. The design team collaborated with the Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) to establish the project-specific, electricity grid interconnection requirements and applicable standards.
WindCharger has a nameplate capacity of 10MW, a total storage capacity of 20MWh and can be fully charged in approximately two hours. This technology supports fully behind-the-fence renewable energy, powered by TransAlta’s Summer view II Wind Facility. The project’s total capital cost was approximately $14.5 million (CAD), approximately 50 percent funded through the support of Emissions Reduction Alberta. BBA was the lead design consultant and Iconic Power Systems completed the project’s construction.
This presentation will elaborate on the key factors that led to the selection of the technology, including performance and utility requirements. Additional information will be provided about winter operation considerations.
– The webinar is free for active IEEE members.
– There is a $5 registration fee for people who are not active IEEE members.
– The fee must be paid in advance through the registration process below (credit card through PayPal) in order to receive the link to the webinar.
– Upon successful payment of the fee, you will receive 2 emails: one from firstname.lastname@example.org with title “IEEE vTools Reservation Confirmation,” and a second from email@example.com with title “Your payment to The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.” Both emails are required to ensure your payment was successfully processed.
– Incomplete non-member registrations (payment not received) will be deleted.
– A link to the WebEx registration will be sent to the email address you provided during this vTools registration, on May 11, by “IEEE Northern Alberta”. Please double check the spelling of your email address when registering.
– You will need to complete the brief WebEx event registration prior to joining the webinar.
Co-sponsored by: BBA Inc, TransAlta
Speaker(s): Sébastien Grégoire, P.Eng. Automation Engineer,
Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Virtual: https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/273908