The Fifth IEEE Research Boost | “Give your research an industrial edge”
November 29 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Co-sponsored by: IEEE Montreal Section, IEEE Montreal Industry Relations Committee and the Montreal Chapters of IEEE ComSoc, CAS, and TEMS
IEEE Montreal Section, IEEE Montreal Industry Relations Committee and the Montreal Chapters of IEEE CAS and TEMS, are very pleased to invite you to attend the 5th edition of IEEE Research Boost event that will take place at Concordia University, Montreal, on November 29th, 2018, 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM. The event aims to foster collaborative research projects and networking among the industry, government and academia, as well as to present some of the top candidates in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, 5G, Cybersecurity, Smart Grids, Smart Cities, Cloud Computing, Signal, Image and Video Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Circuits and Systems, and Biomedical Engineering. It is an evening event during which invited experts and leaders from the industry, government and academia will present some of the state-of-the-art innovations in their field of expertise. Two poster sessions are available to offer a great opportunity for Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows of accepted abstracts to present the significance of their research work to the industry, government, start-up incubators and a distinguished judging panel. Three prizes of values $300, $200 and $100 will be offered to the best three participants in the poster competition. The event is of free registration, and food and refreshments will be served. Looking forward to welcome you all for an exciting event!
- Artificial Intelligence
- Smart Grids
- Smart Cities
- Cloud Computing
- Signal, Image and Video Processing
- Computer Vision
- Machine Learning
- Circuits and Systems
- Biomedical Engineering
Registration is free but the number of places is limited. To reserve your seat, please follow the instructions here: RB2018 at Eventbrite.
- Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows who are interested to participate in the poster or demo sessions should submit an abstract of length not more than 550 words for their research work.
- The abstract should be self-contained and discuss critically the motivation, problem statement, as well as the proposed scheme and its applications.
- The authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit their photos and short biographies, and they will be provided with important guidelines for the poster presentations.
- All abstracts should be submitted through the URL of Research Boost 2018 at Microsoft conference management toolkit (CMT) website:
https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/RB2018. Steps: (1) Create New Account. (2) Logout. (3) Login by using the URL of RB at CMT. (4) Select a track, and then create a new submission.
- This chance will allow a participant to establish a research collaboration, get an internship opportunity, job offer or explore an entrepreneurship opportunity!
- Registration closes: Nov. 20th, 2018
- Abstract submission deadline: Nov. 20th, 2018 @ 23:59 hr (EDT) [No Extension]
- Author notification: Nov. 22th, 2018
- Prof. Amy Pinchuk, Chair of IEEE Montreal Section – Co-sponsor and Co-organizer
- Prof. Mustafa K. Mehmet Ali, Concordia University, Graduate Program Director – Co-sponsor and Co-organizer
- Prof. M. Omair Ahmad, Concordia University, Chair of Montreal Chapter of IEEE CAS – Co-sponsor and Co-organizer
- Dr. Hamidreza Sadreazami, Chair of IEEE Montreal Industry Relations Committee
- Dr. Mohamed Naiel, Past Chair of IEEE Montreal Industry Relations Committee
- Mr. Raphael Tana, Vice-Chair of IEEE Montreal Industry Relations Committee
- Dr. Jalal Habibi, Co-Chair of Event Planner Team, IEEE Montreal IRC
- Dr. Marzieh Amini, Co-Chair of Event Planner Team, IEEE Montreal IRC
- Dr. Mohammad Rizwan Khan, Co-Chair of Publicity Team, IEEE Montreal IRC
- Dr. Hamed Abdzadeh, Co-Chair of Publicity Team, IEEE Montreal IRC
- Ms. Razieh Hassanshahi, Co-Chair of Event Coordinator Team, IEEE Montreal IRC
- Mr. Omid Saatlou, Co-Chair of Event Coordinator Team, IEEE Montreal IRC
Speaker(s): Invited Keynote Speakers – Session 2, Invited Keynote Speakers – Session 4
17:00 Registration opens
17:00 Session 1: Poster session, networking and refreshments
18:00 Session 2: Keynote Invited Speakers
19:30 Session 3: Poster session, networking and refreshments
19:50 Session 4: Keynote Invited Speakers
20:35 Session 5: Closing remarks and award ceremony
Bldg: EV Building
1450 Guy St.