Communications/Information Theory (COM/IT)
Communications and IT Chapter has almost 400 members in Montreal and it is one of the most active chapter within IEEE Montreal Section and IEEE Canada. To see the chapter 2012 report click here: Chapter Report 2012.
- Dr. Raouf Boutaba, “Cloud Management: Knowing is Half the Battle”, September 17, 2014.
- Dr. Theodore Rappaport, “Millimeter Wave Wireless Communications: A Road to 5G”, November 12, 2013.
- Dr. Erol Gelenbe, “Energy Aware Computer Systems and Networks”, September 2013.
- Prof. Srini Sampalli, Smartphones + Cloud Computing + Near Field Communications: The next big wave in wireless, August 2013.
- Prof. Jacob Gavan, Small Satellites Developments and Radio Communication Impacts, October 2012.
- Prof. Amir Kayvan Khandani, Shaping the Future of Wireless: Two-way Connectivity, Medi-based Communications and Unconditional Security, September 2012.
- Dr. Arun K. Somani, Efficient Protection and Grooming Architectures for Future Optical Networks, September 2011.
- Dr. Fabrizio Granelli, Networking and the Smart Grid: the relevance of communications in the future of power grid, June 2012.
- Dr. Shahrokh Valaee, Application of Compressive Sensing and Affinity Propagation for Localization of Wireless Terminals, December 2009.
- Dr. Bhumip Khasnabish, Converged Services and NGN, July 2009.
- DR. MARY ANN INGRAM,Cooperative Networking Theory and Hardware Experiments at SARL, September 2011.
- DR. Michael Devetsikiotis, Networked 3-D Virtual Collaboration in Science and Education: Towards �Web 3.0� (A Modeling Perspective), November 2010.
- DR. Victor C.M. Leung, Mobile Agents for Autonomous Wireless Ad Hoc Networks, June 2010.
- DR. Vijay K. Bhargava, Multigigabit Wireless Multimedia Communications: Future and Core Technologies, May 2010.
- Dr. Stephen F Bush, Communications for the Smart Grid, April 2011.
- Dr. Tad Matsumoto, Frequency Domain Turbo Equalization for Carrier Signaling, and its Information Theoretic Considerations, March 2009.