Communications/Information Theory (COM/IT)
Communications and IT Chapter has almost 400 members in Montreal and it is one of the most active chapter within IEEE Montreal Section and IEEE Canada.
- To view the chapter 2012 report, click here: Chapter Report 2012.
- To view the chapter 2017 report, click here: Chapter Report 2017.
- Prof. Giorgio Quer, “Machine Learning in Digital Medicine” and “Cellular and Device-to-Device Networks Coexistence”, May 10, 2018.
- Prof. Yi Qian, “Advances and Challenges in 5G Wireless Security”, May 1, 2018.
- Dr. Raouf Boutaba, “Cloud Management: Knowing is Half the Battle”, September 17, 2014.
- Dr. Theodore Rappaport, “Millimeter Wave Wireless Communications: A Road to 5G”, November 12, 2013.
- Dr. Erol Gelenbe, “Energy Aware Computer Systems and Networks”, September 2013.
- Prof. Srini Sampalli, Smartphones + Cloud Computing + Near Field Communications: The next big wave in wireless, August 2013.
- Prof. Jacob Gavan, Small Satellites Developments and Radio Communication Impacts, October 2012.
- Prof. Amir Kayvan Khandani, Shaping the Future of Wireless: Two-way Connectivity, Medi-based Communications and Unconditional Security, September 2012.
- Dr. Arun K. Somani, Efficient Protection and Grooming Architectures for Future Optical Networks, September 2011.
- Dr. Fabrizio Granelli, Networking and the Smart Grid: the relevance of communications in the future of power grid, June 2012.
- Dr. Shahrokh Valaee, Application of Compressive Sensing and Affinity Propagation for Localization of Wireless Terminals, December 2009.
- Dr. Bhumip Khasnabish, Converged Services and NGN, July 2009.
- DR. MARY ANN INGRAM,Cooperative Networking Theory and Hardware Experiments at SARL, September 2011.
- DR. Michael Devetsikiotis, Networked 3-D Virtual Collaboration in Science and Education: Towards �Web 3.0� (A Modeling Perspective), November 2010.
- DR. Victor C.M. Leung, Mobile Agents for Autonomous Wireless Ad Hoc Networks, June 2010.
- DR. Vijay K. Bhargava, Multigigabit Wireless Multimedia Communications: Future and Core Technologies, May 2010.
- Dr. Stephen F Bush, Communications for the Smart Grid, April 2011.
- Dr. Tad Matsumoto, Frequency Domain Turbo Equalization for Carrier Signaling, and its Information Theoretic Considerations, March 2009.